[pmwiki-users] Localisation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 15 22:09:33 CST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 04:40:31PM +1300, Simon wrote:
> I have the markup
>
> [[BestPractices/Te Reo ]]Māori
>
> but the linked text only shows
> Te Reo M
> (should show Te Reo Māori)
>
> How can we update the set of characters that PmWiki uses
> to 'extend' the link.
> Perhaps this is a PITS issue, as I imagine that there are a number of
> characters with diacritics that should be included

PmWiki is able to handle diacritics if they're entered directly
and not using &#... notation.  See

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Localization

for a working example.

I don't think PmWiki should have to be aware of all letterforms
based on their &#... notation.  Enter the diacritic directly and
things should work fine (or at least as well as the underlying
PHP libraries will allow).