[pmwiki-users] Disable scripts to speed up "read only" view (stdconfig.php)?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Jul 6 10:09:50 CDT 2013

Oliver Betz writes:
> >  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/OtherVariables#PageCacheDir
>
> I'm always using $PageListCacheDir, but didn't get $PageCacheDir work.
> Even when SideBar and page text contained no conditionals, nothing
> more than the default .htaccess was written to this directory.

It is not only conditionals, some PageVariables like $Author or $AuthId
clear the cache for pages which contain them, some pagelists with
order=random and possibly some recipes.

(Actually, some PageVariables documented in the cookbook like {$Today}
wouldn't clear the cache but they should...)

The function SetProperty() also clears the cache for the current page, and
this function is called when a page (:title...:), (:description...:) or
(:keywords...:) are set. I don't know why this was done in the past and
would it be safe to enable cache for pages with those directives.

Petko