[pmwiki-users] wikish checking if user logged in

Mark Lee mark.lee.phd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 09:56:20 CDT 2013

Peter,
The security of wikish is working. I just experimented with the various
installation options. If I am not logged-in, wikish tries to execute a "cp"
command, but is blocked. I get this error message in the header "ERROR:
cp(Tmp.X Experiments.Locations): Unable to write pages. Not enabled.".

My site is secure, but I was looking for a response that looks more
friendly. In addition to the built-in security of wikish, I was hoping to
add a check of the "logged-in state", the way the skin does when it decides
on the display of  the "logout" link. I would do this check in wikish. If
logged in, I execute the commands. If not logged in, then nothing is
executed on that page. So I would get the security that is built into
wikish, plus the ability to bypass wikish commands on whatever page I
choose through if-then logic in the wiksh code for those pages.

I found this to work the way I wanted:

if test -n "$AuthId"
then
.... wikish code goes here and executes only if logged in.....
fi

-Mark