[pmwiki-users] Timeout on pagelist?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Mar 2 17:08:01 CST 2013

On some installations it may be possible to increase the timeouts, see

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SystemLimits

Two things can be time-consuming: the reading of the disk files to get the
data, or the formatting of the pagelist template. The former can rarely be
improved unless you have your own dedicated server. The latter might be
improved if you limit the number of results displayed with the count=
parameter, if you simplify your pagelist template markup, use PageVariables
like {=$Title} and {=$Description} instead of PageTextVariables like
{=$:Summary}.

Petko