[pmwiki-users] Icons and expandable menu

Lars Eighner surname at larseighner.com
Sun Mar 10 05:07:12 CDT 2013

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013, Paolo Z. wrote:

> Hi list
>
> Is there any way to have an expandable menu on the sidebar?

Yes, for some values of "any way," but no, there is no native way to do
this.  PmWiki wiki does not have the hooks to do this with its native link
markup.  There are JavaScript and html/css ways to this, but you need link
attributes that ordinary wiki links do not provide.  There may be something
in the Cookbook that will help.

> Any way to set an icon for each sidebar elements?

Certainly.  Icons, after all, are just little images.  There is plenty in
the basic documentation of how to use images as links.

Whether you or users can keep up with what icons you use may mean is another
thing.  Does a Facebook icon mean visit my Facebook page, like on Facebook,
or share on Facebook?  I doubt you will devise understandable icons for all
the links on the default menu.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html