[pmwiki-users] relative position style

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon May 13 01:36:09 CDT 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Mark Lee <mark.lee.phd at gmail.com> wrote:

> The next thing I want to do is add this feature to my skin. I have already
> played around with my skin.tmpl file, but I am not sure how to do this
> conditional markup.
> Specifically:
>      1. If the page is in the Plant group, and the (:plant ... :) markup
> is used on the page, then include the garden map.
>      2. If I don't use the (:plant ... :) markup, the garden map is not
> included.
> Is this possible?

Simply set a global in your (:plant ...:) markup and then check the value
of that global before you include the garden map.  If you are using
(:include ...:) to include your map then the global you will set will be in
$FmtPV so that you have access to a page variable.  Don't forget your
"global" declaration of the variable at the top of the function and see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/OtherVariables to see some special notes
on quoting for $FmtPV.

(You may have to change the 2nd argument to the Markup() function of your
(:plant ... :) markup in order to get it early enough in the process to
work.  Setting $EnableDiag=1 in config.php and then using ?action=ruleset
will enable you to see exactly what order the rules will fire.)

-Peter