[pmwiki-users] Google Maps Upgrade

Daniel dkml at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 17 02:14:03 CST 2013

op 16-11-13 18:57, Petko Yotov schreef:
> Daniel writes:
>> I am using Petko's excellent GMap recipe in about 100+ pages on my
>> website
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GMap
>>
>> Soon Google will stop support the support of the V2 Api.
>> Is GMap based on the V2 Api,

> P.S. I strongly feel that instead of GoogleMaps my sites should use the
> free open source and open content OpenStreetMap. Unfortunately I haven't
> yet found the time to look into writing a recipe with the GMap features
> for OSMap. See however this recipe:
>
>  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OpenLayersAPI

OpenLayersAPI seems to be a good solution for my second site
(kropveld.net), although this software is still in alpha state...

For hetVondelpark.net I will risk for the time to rely on Googles'
wrapper. Converting to another recipe would mean I have to modify 100+
pages. And I must use sattelite pictures, not the map. So I have to stay
with Google.

Here is my vote to upgrade Gmap

Thanks
Daniel