[pmwiki-users] Help with form

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:21:52 CDT 2013

On Oct 1, 2013, at 7:49 PM, Ian MacGregor <ardchoille42 at me.com> wrote:

> I've never been good with forms so I'm hoping someone can offer some assistance.
>
> I have a page which I use as a daily journal. This page contains entries in the following form:
>
> [[#mmmYYYYDD]]
> !!!$title
> %stimestamp%MMMM DD, YYYY at HH:MM AM/PM%%[[<<]]
> $entry
> [[#endmmmYYYYDD]]
>
> Explanation:
> Line 1: beginning anchor in the form "jan201321"
> Line 2: The title of the entry such as "Went shopping today"
> Line 3: Timestamp in the form "January 21, 2013 at 12:00 PM" (timestamp is already defined in a groupheader)
> Line 4: The body of the entry such as "Today I went shopping and saw an old friend.."
> Line 5: End anchor in the form "jan201321"
>
> I would like to create a form at the top of that page that will allow me to post an entry to the page without having to memorize all of the syntax. I read http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Forms but it's all a bit overwhelming. I know I need the following:
>
> (:input form:)
> (:input hidden name=n value={$FullName}:)
> (:input for beginning anchor?:)
> (:input for $title?:)
> (:input for timestamp?:)  (separate text boxes for date and time and AM/PM?) (date picker?)
> (:input for text body?:)
> (:input for end anchor?:)
> How to get the form to post to the page?
> (:input end:)
>
> Can someone help me build this form? How do I specify markup syntax? How do I specify to which page to add the post? I'm not sure if I need specific cookbook recipes. I know there is commentboxplus but I would like to learn how to build this form to help me understand how forms work. I have a feeling I'll also learn how to create a nice looking date picker :)
>
> Regards,
> Rev. Ian MacGregor

Dear Ian,

I don't have time to delve into this right now with you, but I would suggest you take a peak at the Fox form stuff Hans has put together. I am pretty sure he's got some examples that show just what you want (well, maybe with a bit of tweaking)…

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Fox

http://softflow.co.uk/design/FoxDocumentation/FoxDocumentation

best of luck with it,

Tamara