[pmwiki-users] Conditional If statement being displayed on web page?

Matt Clinton mclinton at 65bit.com
Mon Oct 7 09:32:28 CDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the answers so far.

The problem lies not with the page title but with the Group name. I want to use $Groupspaced so that "ODBCDataProvider" is spaced out on this page: http://impressedpaving.co.uk/matt/index.php?n=ODBCDataProvider.ODBCDataProviderNotLoadingOnMacintosh

But if I was to do this, the group EasyCatalog then ends up as Easy Catalog.

Which is why I would love to be able to use an IF statement in my tmpl file.

Regards,

Matt Clinton
65bit Software Limited
www.65bit.com

On 7 Oct 2013, at 13:47, Russ <pmwiki at russhosting.com> wrote:

> Perhaps instead of trying to compensate for spaces the page name, you can display the page {$Title} instead and set the (:title: ) of the wiki page accordingly?
>
> Russ
>
> On 2013-10-07 5:48 AM, Matt Clinton wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking to do this for the Group part at the top of the page and then I will want to do the same for the Page name. You will find what I am working on at this link: http://matt.impressedpaving.co.uk/
>>
>> You will see where pmWiki is placing the if statement on the web page, this is why I need to make it work in the template file as this is not generated in the 'Edit' page content.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matt Clinton
>> 65bit Software Limited
>> www.65bit.com
>>

>> On 7 Oct 2013, at 10:42, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve, but
>>> try something like
>>> (:if equal "{$Groupspaced}" "Easy Catalog":)
>>> [[{$Group}/]]
>>> (:else:)
>>> [[{$Groupspaced}/]]