[pmwiki-users] selling pmwiki to high school students

Stef Schulte stefct4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 02:42:23 CST 2014

2014-02-06, Chris Lott <chris at chrislott.org>:
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
>> Any website you want to create that can be done with WordPress can be
>> done
>> with PmWiki.  And technically, vice versa.  But which is the easier path?
>
> Depends on the need. There are plenty of very capable themes that
> totally transform the look and feel of WP, which is often a need for
> me. Almost all of the relatively very few PmWiki themes still look
> like PmWiki with some light CSS hacking. Many more graphic designers
> are designing for WP. Yes, that can be done with PmWiki, but it would
> be a waste of time reinventing the wheel in some cases.

I think WordPress is a good tool for people whose ambitions are
journalistic rather than technical. I understand and appreciate the
appeal of WYSIWYG and all the attractive, modern WP themes.

If, however, you want well-structured content, collaboration and a
website that will stay stable for years to come, then PmWiki (or other
good wiki engines) might be the way to go.

-- StefCT