[pmwiki-users] documentation for new helper functions

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Sat Feb 22 08:47:37 CST 2014

Saturday, February 22, 2014, 2:05:56 PM, Petko wrote:

> I'm sorry, I have not assumed that the functions are short and easy to
> understand for someone reading the pmwiki.php file, I just haven't had the
> time to document them.

Yes I assumed just that.

> I have added new sections at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Functions -
> if someone with better English can improve them, please do. If something
> precise is unclear on that page or in pmwiki.php, please ask.

Thank you so much for adding this! This is very helpful!

> Note that the existing examples in the documentation are not out of date,
> they still work. Only on some PHP 5.5 installations, some of these may
> display warnings about the deprecated /e flag of preg_replace().

I understand, but I think we should update the documentation to avoid
examples using the preg /e modifier, as the development of PHP has
deemed it bad practise and is now deprecated from PHP version 5.5.
As from PmWiki  version 2.2.56 we can avoid using Markup definitions
with /e modifier and using Markup_e instead, I think we should
encourage this in the examples. I guess this is just a matter of
taking the time to do so.

Best,
 Hans