[pmwiki-users] How to fix broken RSS feed and AllRecentChanges?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Feb 28 13:27:11 CST 2014

Charles Weir writes:
> The problem (in the PHP error log) is:
>
> [27-Feb-2014 15:37:17] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 12582912
> bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7446 bytes) in C:\Program Files\Apache
> Group\Apache2\htdocs\pmwiki\pmwiki.php on line 864
>
> The line number varies a little (862,863,864).  And I get the same error no
> matter what page I request with RSS.
>
> I’ve tried the two suggestions:
> * We’re now running pmwiki-2.2.61
> * The Site/AllRecentChanges is only a few lines.
>
> And I’m stuck.  It looks to me as though the offending line is something to
> do with collecting global variables!

Yes, this is wierd. On my server I have 128 megabytes of memory, you seem to
have 12 megabytes. I reduced my memory limit to 2 megabytes and I haven't
seen such errors.

Do you have installed some recipes/modules or other local customizations? It
looks like there are one or more global variables containing more than 12
megabytes data. If so, you can exclude them from being collected by adding
something like this in config.php:

  # huge variable is $myvar
  $UnsafeGlobals[] = 'myvar';

Otherwise you can try increasing the memory limit in php.ini if you can: see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SystemLimits .

Petko