[pmwiki-users] PmWiki.org attachments cleanup

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Mar 25 18:17:42 CDT 2014

I'd like to know Pm's opinion on migrating uploads from group based to page
based, ie $UploadPrefixFmt = '/$Group/$Name';

michael paulukonis writes:
> But there isn't a an automated migration path from upload-directories-per-
> group to upload-directories-per-page, is there?

AFAIK there is a recipe that allows it: if a file does not exist in a
page subdirectory, but exists in the group directory, it is linked/shown.

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UploadPlus

I haven't reviewed it but it may work.

Not an automated migration, but the wiki should work with no broken links
while we progressively move files from uploads/Cookbook to
uploads/Cookbook/RecipeName.

> At 1800+ recipes and 2500+ uploads, that's a lot to handle manually.

This can be done with a script and should catch all uploads except those
which use page (text) variables or other special markup.

Petko