[pmwiki-users] Hide or avoid message error for pagelist format using a new markup

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Aug 6 12:12:59 CDT 2015

On 2015-08-06 18:36, ABClf wrote:
> {(repeat + {=$NbSource})}
>
> It's working, but an error message does now appear on my
> Site/LocalTemplates page, because the new markup is expecting a
> numerical value (I guess) :
>
>  Warning: str_repeat() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in
> /home/www/dev6/scripts/markupexpr.php(101) : eval()'d code on line 1
>
> How to get this cosmetic issue solved, the best way ?
> Is it possible to hide error messages for that page or for that kind
> of error (using dedicated error_reporting maybe ?)
> or to get custom markup, on that page, non interpreted by pmwiki ?

On my own wikis I wrap all local templates in [@...@] to prevent
processing:

[@
[[#myfmt]]
... template markup here ...
[[#myfmtend]]
@]

Also, I usually set a CSS style for the <pre> markup to be wrapped,
otherwise it may become too wide and mess with the layout. In a file
pub/css/Site.css (or with the LocalCSS recipe) I add:

   pre { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Petko

--
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog
Release notes  :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes

If this message helped you and saved you time, feel free to make