[pmwiki-users] RFC: Simple link markup for a "nearly WYSIWYG" editor

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed Aug 12 01:37:12 CDT 2015

Petko Yotov wrote:

>> I often use @ to show a condition, e.g. 3000rpm at 230V or 15USD at 10k
>> (pricing information at a given quantity).
>
>I've seen many people write an e-mail address without the mailto:
>protocol and their link does not work, and they don't know why and try
>to add brackets and it still doesn't work... Many have never seen the

I see. Maybe you can check for a dot in the domain part, since usual
addresses have at least a top level and a second level domain. A
method to suppress the automatic linking might be useful, if it is not
too much effort.

[...]

>> people add deliberately "/" and "."?
>
>No, they write it that way naturally, eg. for a hospital wiki I oversee,
>they would write [[Accident/Emergency]] or [[A/E]] or [[Dr One / Dr Two
>/ Dr Three]] because their services are written this way. But then they
>link to another group where they cannot edit.

That's what I thought. BTW: I often use "/" in formulas.

>Thanks for replying, I temporarily stopped working on this because noone
>seemed interested. :-)

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm currently rather busy and watch the
list mainly to be informed about vulnerabilities (not being reported,
one reason why I chose PmWiki for my web sites, thanks to you and
Patrick!).

Besides this, the wikis I currently manage are just web pages of clubs
with very few edits done by "experienced" people. Sadly I wasn't able
to motivate members to share their knowledge in "internal" sections.

Oliver