[pmwiki-users] my recipes

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Aug 14 02:15:38 CDT 2015

On 2015-08-14 00:46, tamouse pontiki wrote:
> I'm not using PmWiki any more, and am not maintaining anything there.
> If
> the question comes up further for anything I've put there, a blanket
> answer
> would be to use the same license PmWiki uses itself, and if possible,
> I'd
> relinquish copyright to PmWiki Community.

Hi Tamara,

Thanks for your message.

PmWiki is licensed under the GNU GPL, "either version 2 of the License,
or
     (at your option) any later version."

If you license your recipes the same way, it may be easier for people if
some day PmWiki becomes licensed under a more recent version of the GNU
GPL.

The PmWiki community is not a legal entity so you cannot relinquish your
copyrights to it. But the fact that you select a free license allowing
modification and re-distribution is sufficient if there is a need to
update those recipes some day.

> My personal development has taken me in completely different directions

Thanks and good luck to you!

Petko