[pmwiki-users] How to avoid a redirect after posting a Fox form

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 09:06:32 CDT 2015

Hello Luigi,

> But I could not find a way to let it just post and stay "silent" :-)

> Is there any instruction that I could not find in the manual, please?

I am not sure what you are asking for the fox.php script to do.
By default Fox will stay on the same page, displaying the page.
This is handled with the FoxFinish function. It ends with these
lines:
        HandleDispatch($pagename,'browse',$msg);
        exit;
without the call to HandelDispatch one would be presented with a white
empty page (no HTML content at all). The exit call ends the PHP script
running.

If a redirect= parameter is set Fox will redirect to another page,
instead of  displaying the current page.

I know nothing about Ajax and modal pages, so excuse my ignorance
please!

~Hans