[pmwiki-users] mobile

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 13:55:17 CDT 2015

Hello Peter,

Friday, March 20, 2015, 9:42:49 AM, you wrote:

> I've tried the default skin and triad and neither solves the issues.

Triad skin was never developed with mobile devices in mind.
It was designed to provide a basic three columns layout:
Left sidebar, centre content, right sidebar.
How would one translate that into a useful layout for mobile devices?
I welcome any ideas on this.

Apart from how to adapt columns for a mobile device, there is the
problem of image sizing. A desktop or laptop device can show larger
images than a hand-held device, so images need to be resized (via css)
for mobile devices, adapted to the screen size. How would a wiki
editor cope with proportional image sizes?

To adapt font sizes in text and headings should be simpler.

The display of menus and images are some of the most important differences
between desktop and mobile devices I think. There are probably others
as well I can't think of right now.

Is a skin (default or other) actually possible to serve both desktop and
mobile devices equally well?

Best regards,
 Hans