[pmwiki-users] (:noleft:) also for MyPage?action=edit

erik burggraaf burggraaferik at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:05:49 CDT 2015

Greetings Gilles,

I don't know what the (: noleft :) directive is, but let me clarify what you want to do.

Regular visitors to your site do not see the sitebar containing print, edit, recent changes and so on.

Only when a user has the permission to edit for example do you want him to see the sidebar.

I have this working on my site.  If you go to http://www.nfbnevada.org <http://www.nfbnevada.org/>, you will only see the content of the site.

If you log in so that you can edit a page, the sidebar will appear.

I did this by adjusting the permissions in the page Site.Sidebar.

First, make sure that you have an admin password set in config.php.
Then make sure authuser is installed and working.
Then set up a group and users so that you don't have to give out the admin password as shown here.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser>

Also on that page is the usage for ?action=attr.

By setting the attributes of Site.Sidebar so that they can only be readable by members logged in belonging to a specific group, you can ensure that only your publishers see those actions and only when they are logged in to publish.

This method is a lot of work, but as I plan to use pmwiki as a full CMS with five or ten groups and several access levels, it was worth it for me in the begining to set up authuser and learn to set permissions.

In the end, I still think this might be more secure if not quite as elegant as a simple tag that hides the sidebar on specific pages.

Best,

Erik