[pmwiki-users] Batch-mode for PmWiki?

Hans design1 at softflow.uk
Mon Nov 30 16:22:43 CST 2015

> Have you looked at the "FastCache" recipe?
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FastCache

yes I have. And learned quite a bit. But I wanted a different
approach: my script will export a static HTML page when a wiki page is
saved, i.e. updated, or when using a special action. In addition I
want to export static pages in batches, like a wiki group at  a time.
And I need to make that function work better.  The others work fine.
I tried wget, and though it worked, I wanted finer control of the urls
in the static pages. Basically I want to be able to work on the wiki
locally, create the static HTML pages locally, one by one on edits, or
en mass, and then upload the lot to the hosting server, and having
them served from there, without changes. Plus having the wiki also on
the  hosting server, for some of my clients to do their page editing,
having static pages and wiki pages running in parallel, so to speak,
and the editing as wiki and saving as wiki and static HTML without
making it more difficult for client users.

It all works quite well already, but the batch processing is lacking
in some details, as I sometimes get unintended HTML results, which I
do not get when exporting the page individually.

The advantage over FastCache I see is: no messing around with
.htaccess files, no PHP calls at all when serving static pages,
simple file hierarchy, like example.com/Group/Name.html
for static pages.

Best regards,
 Hans
mailto:design1 at softflow.uk