[pmwiki-users] PTVs on multiple lines

Hans Bracker design at softflow.co.uk
Sun Oct 18 15:39:37 CDT 2015

Hello Petko,

Sunday, October 18, 2015, 7:57:44 PM, you wrote:

> (:hidden:
> var1: value 1
> var2: value 2
> var3: value 3
> etc:)

> As long as the {$:hidden} variable contains all text, this is not a bug.

Yes the hidden PTV contains all text, and is okay.

But see this as example addition at the top here (I put it with
(:linebreaks:) to make the presentation clearer):
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/MultilinePTVs

(:linebreaks:)
(:hidden:
var1: value 1
var2: value 2
var3: value 3
etc:)

{$:hidden}
{$:var1}
{$:var2}
{$:var3}
{$:etc}

renders as

var1: value 1
var2: value 2
var3: value 3
etc
value 1
value 2
value 3
)

The hidden PTV contains not three text PTVs, but four. The last one
renders as the closing ')' character. I think this last etc:)
should not render as text PTV. I see this as a bug in the text PTV
definition. Or a bug in th eprocess how the text is scanned for
matches to the PTV patterns.

Best regards,
 Hans