[pmwiki-users] after update - unable to edit

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Oct 20 04:21:08 CDT 2015

On 2015-10-20 09:50, Wolf Drechsel wrote:
> recently I updated my pmwiki to 2.2.80. I dont have shell access on my
> server, so downloaded all the stuff, locally applied the cp command as
> recommended at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Upgrades - and
> uploaded the whole package back to the server.
>
> That worked, all the pages can be viewed.
>
> BUT:
> I can no longer edit them. First, I got the message "Changes blocked
> by the administrator". Googling led me to commenting out the
> "# $EnableBlocklist = 10;"
> entry at local/config.php.
>
> Now, the "blocked by administrator" message does no longer appear -
> but still changes I make when editing are not saved, the pages remain
> unchanged.
>
> This looks like quite a simple properties issue - but which could be
> the files in questions

Do you see any message of error or warning that the page could not be
saved? When you submit the edit form with the "Save" button, does the
edit form reappear, or the form gets submitted but the page is not
changed?

If it is a permissions issue, you need to know what are the accepted
permissions for files and for directories on your server and make sure
that your wiki.d directory and all files in it have these permissions.
Typically your permissions for directories may be 755 or 705, and for
editable files 644 or 604, and this information may be in the
documentation of your hosting provider.

Another way to check the permissions is to let PmWiki create a directory
and a file. Rename "wiki.d" on the server to another name, say
"renamed-wiki.d", then PmWiki will create a new 'wiki.d' and will add
files in it. Visit the wiki in your browser and make a few edits, like
HomePage and WikiSandbox. Then you'll see the newly created files in the
new wiki.d directory and you can compare their permissions with the ones
of renamed-wiki.d. If this is a permissions issue, the permissions will
be different, so match them, remove the new "wiki.d" and rename back
"renamed-wiki.d" to "wiki.d". To see/change permissions with an FTP
browser, right-click on a file or files and select Permissions or
Properties.

Petko

--
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog