[pmwiki-users] Random page generator?

Donald Z. Osborn dzosborn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:31:42 CDT 2015

Thanks Stef, This seems to work perfectly.

In testing it, found some overlooked pages that needed work, and that
prompted attention to other needed changes (planned anyway). I will set up
the random page generator in the sidebar when I am more confident of the
overall quality of pages.

BTW, random page is something I used to think was a sort of time waster or
at best a way to get a quick sense of what a wiki was about. However it
turned out to be really useful when I wanted to review Bambara on the
multilingual fr.wiktionary.org (random page by language - a feature that
en.wiktionary.org also has but does not highlight). So it actually can be a
way to quiz oneself on, or do extensive random sampling of, the contents of
wikis. I anticipate that some users of the wiki I'm working on recovering
will do the latter.

All the best,

Don