[pmwiki-users] Errors I do not understand

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Apr 1 02:13:05 CDT 2016

I've fixed the first deprecated warning with PageStore(), could you
please get the subversion pre-release, test it and report?

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Subversion
   via svn: , or get the zip file

The second warning with crypt(), does it appear:

(1) with passwords that are hashed in real time with pmcrypt() in
config.php, or

(2) with passwords stored as a page attribute in the past, when trying
to access a password-protected page or group; these are passwords set
previously in a Group.Page?action=attr form.

(3) with passwords stored as a page attribute with the current PmWiki
version: open a [[Page?action=attr]], set a read password, then try to
read it by providing the password.

I have no warnings with the first (1) case of hashed passwords on PHP 7.
If you experience the warning with this case, I'll investigate further.

I have no warnings with the second (2) or third (3) case of hashed
passwords. But in previous versions of PHP on some systems (Windows), in
some cases insufficiently secure, too short hashes were returned by the
crypt() function and may be now saved as page attributes in your wiki.

So if you see the warning in case (2) but not in case (3), your existing
hashes are probably insufficiently long or insufficiently secure. The
only way to fix those is to set them again, on every page, with the new
PmWiki version. You can find a list of pages with password attributes on
your wiki, browse to the page [[SiteAdmin.AuthList]].

Please report what you found.

Petko
---
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog