[pmwiki-users] PmWiki needs

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 06:12:42 CDT 2016

As a PmWiki webmaster for voluntary organisations the thing I am asked most
about is why doesn't PmWiki have, OOTB, a mobile friendly skin

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/?url=pmwiki.org

The second thing is why doesn't it have WYSIWYG editing, at least for
simple wiki markup (and syntax highlighting for the rest)

I'm raising this because my stakeholders and users (in this case writers
and people who carry out limited admin) see WordPress or similar and expect
some configuration from the UI.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWikiPhilosophy talks about favouring
the writer. After many years of being a PmWiki admin I'd like to see
increased emphasis in assisting the admin and the recipe writer.

My 2 cents

cheers

Simon

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/RoadMap-Talk