[pmwiki-users] UserAdmin

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Mon Aug 22 09:25:19 CDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 12:30 AM, <j.vampouille at worldonline.fr> wrote:

> I tried your useradmincore:
>
> http://testpmjv.free.fr/index.php5?n=Main.HomePage?action=user
>  Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /mnt/100/sda/1/8/testpmjv/cookbook/useradmin-core.php
> on line 1206
> <http://testpmjv.free.fr/index.php?n=Main.HomePage?action=user>

Yes, this is the expected result when you run useradmin with the older
version of PHP. If you are planning on using the useradmin recipe then you
will have to use the newer version of PHP.

> http://testpmjv.free.fr/index.php?n=Main.HomePage?action=user
>   I have the page User account management with nothing else in this page

Normally even if you are not logged on you should get an option to register
as a new user. Could you delete the useradmin template page (
*Site.UserAdminTemplates) * temporarily to simplify your setup? I would
suggest deleting it from the command line or from FTP. It should be deleted
from both wiki.d and wikilib.d (normally it would only be in wiki.d but
better to be sure).

> Other pages are correct with an url in php5 like
> http://testpmjv.free.fr/index.php5?n=GE.GE
> But still generate warnings a the top of the pages in with an url in php
> http://testpmjv.free.fr/index.php?n=GE.GE due to
> $UserAdmin->SuperuserFunc = 'Superuser';
>
>   Warning: Creating default object from empty value in
> /var/www/sda/1/8/testpmjv/local/config.php on line 31

This should not be happening. I will need to explore it further.

Please try a var_dump($UserAdmin) after including useradmin-authuser.php
and before setting $UserAdmin->SuperuserFunc. So it would look like this:

include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/useradmin-authuser.php");
var_dump($UserAdmin);
$UserAdmin->SuperuserFunc = 'Superuser';

Then send me the resulting output (or let me know, off-list, and I will go
to the link and look at it)

> Is this part of code of config.php in the right order?
>
> #######UserAdmin avec authuser ###############
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/useradmin-authuser.php");
> $UserAdmin->SuperuserFunc = 'Superuser';
>

> #######Authuser tout seul (mais nécessaire pour UserAdmin) ###############
> include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");            # inclus la
> méthode authuser pour gérer les mots de passe ?n=SiteAdmin.AuthUser
>

> Yes, this appears correct. Have you made any other configurations related
to useradmin? Could you strip out your passwords from your config.php and
send me the file so I can look and see if there are any other recipes or
configurations that might be interfering with useradmin?

-Peter