[pmwiki-users] date on main page

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Dec 3 04:36:22 CST 2016

You can have a ftime+modulo markup expression like this for your next 3
dates:

* {(ftime when="second Sat of Jan "(ftime %Y)-(mod (ftime %U)
2)week+(ftime %U)week)}
* {(ftime when="fourth Sat of Jan "(ftime %Y)-(mod (ftime %U)
2)week+(ftime %U)week)}
* {(ftime when="sixth  Sat of Jan "(ftime %Y)-(mod (ftime %U)
2)week+(ftime %U)week)}

For better readability I've omitted fmt="%A %d %B %Y from 14:00 to
18:00" after the first {(ftime. Note the quotes and the spaces. The
markup expression between {( and )} should be on one line.

This should work with a recent PHP version (tested with 7.0.12).

Shortly after January 1st every year you should check if you need to
change "second" with "first":

   when="first Sat of Jan "...

If this seems too complex, or if it doesn't work with your PHP
installation, there are two recipes that may be of some help.

I believe the Grep recipe was written for a similar need:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Grep

You can show/hide dates, or make future dates bold.

Alternatively, the Reminder recipe does something like this:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Reminder

In both cases you have to write a list of the future dates, and from
time to time, delete the past dates.

Petko

---
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog