[pmwiki-users] One more was Re: I want to use FmtPV from mackup to set Page Variable, but can't get it to work reliably

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jul 14 15:09:25 CDT 2017

Oh, InterMap definitions are processed even before any markup rules, so
your markup rule has not been able to set the PageVariable.

Using a markup rule is not a great way to set a PageVariable. I'd use a
$FmtPV function instead. See/check how other PageVariables are defined
as functions in the core (pmwiki.php:123) eg $Groupspaced, $Title,
$BaseName or $PasswdRead. See how the page group, name or another
attribute is passed, and think how your variable will work for another
page like {OtherGroup.OtherPage$mymarkupvar}. It is complex and resource
intensive, but possible to RetrieveAuthPage the pagename, then to look
for your markup in the $page['text'] entry.

Or, piggyback on an existing PageVariable if it is never used, eg.
(:keywords:) or (:description:), and have your markup to set this
variable by a simple replacement:

   # Convert (:mymarkup:) to (:keywords ccox:myvariable:).
   # When a page is saved, "ccox:myvariable" will be in
   # the 'keywords' property and in $page["keywords"]
   Markup('mymarkupvar', '<keywords', '/\\(:mymarkup:\\)/', '(:keywords
ccox:myvariable:)');

   # a better way to set the PageVariable
   $FmtPV['$mymarkupvar'] = 'CCGetVariable(@$page["keywords"])';

   function CCGetVariable($keywords) {
     if(preg_match('/ccox:myvariable/i', $keywords)) return 'hello';
   }

This will also populate the "meta keywords" tag in the HTML source of
the page with "ccox:myvariable". If this is unacceptable, select a
different way (see/copy how the keywords property is set in
stdmarkup.php, and add an entry to $SaveProperties).

Petko

---
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog
Release notes  :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ReleaseNotes