[pmwiki-users] New "B3" Blog recipe, Announcing "PmWeekly" news/blog with RSS

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Jun 11 09:17:06 CDT 2017

"B3" tries to be a simple to install and use blogging system:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/B3

 From the documentation:

This is a simple blogging script that allows easy creation of news/blog
articles with PmWiki markup.

* The system facilitates the creation and the listing of the articles.
Creating an article resembles creating a wiki page with an Edit
template, similar to creating new pages here on the Cookbook, or in the
PITS.
* A blog entry (article) can have any core or custom PmWiki markup. It
can be public or hidden (draft).
* Articles can have reader comments open, moderated (hidden until
approved), closed or disabled, and partial wiki markup can be allowed.
The comment form can support Captcha protection.
* Listings and trails automatically link between posts.
* The posts can have different tags (similar to categories), and
listings can be configured to show entries from specified author(s) or
tag(s). Listings can be automatically paginated.
* Draft posts and unapproved comments are only shown to editors.
* JavaScript is not required to read or to create blog entries, or to
post comments.
* The recipe offers RSS feeds for all posts or for individual category
listings to allow easy subscription and notification.

The recipe was written specifically for the News section of pmwiki.org:
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/News/News

I've called this blog "PmWeekly" as I plan to post weekly articles about
the activity around PmWiki, including tips and tricks, changes to the
core and the documentation, new recipes and skins in the Cookbook,
discussions about the software and the recipes on the mailing list and
on talk pages.

While future posts should be "weekly", I've added two "monthly" posts
for April and May.

The blog offers a feed, if you use an RSS reader, here is your link:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/News/News?action=b3rss

This recipe, the responsive skin, the review of markup rules for PHP7.2,
and other PmWiki-related work since April happened thanks to a company
who paid me 10 days of work, so I could spend about one day per week on
PmWiki, instead of going to my day job. (The company wishes to remain
anonymous.)

Petko

--
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog