[pmwiki-users] name pattern?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Mar 28 10:35:13 CDT 2017

On 2017-03-28 09:53, Simon wrote:
> Is the name pattern still hardcoded in the substitutions markup rule?

Yes and no.

Yes: The default {page$:var} markup rule ("{$var}") only accepts as a
page name Latin letters, digits, dots, slashes, minuses, and
international characters. It will not change if you change $NamePattern
or $GroupPattern.

No: You can always redefine this markup rule in config.php if you want
to change it.

> I ask because I am hoping to get a recipe that uses a comma in the name
> pattern to recognise markup such as
> {Trips.2006-12-StewartIsland,Day1$:Summary}

If the subpage is on a separate disk file it "should" work (redefine
both $NamePatterns and the {$var} markup rule). If subpages are parts of
a larger wiki page, it probably won't.

Petko