[pmwiki-users] Talk Pages

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Sat Feb 17 17:53:20 CST 2018

On 02/15/2018 11:31 PM, Jim Syler wrote:
> Something like this would be really great. I’m looking over your suggestions and
> the various [recipes](http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/Comments) for doing
> this, and none of them seem like the sort of easy drop-in solution I’m hoping for.
>
>> On Feb 15, 2018, at 6:16 PM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr <mailto:5ko at 5ko.fr>> wrote:
>>
>> Or if this should really be considered a basic wiki feature, we could add a
>> config variable like $EnableTalkPages which when enabled would reveal a "Talk"
>> link in Site.PageActions.

Since this is very very very very very basic to do, does it makes sense to add
complexity?

Maybe what is better is a community patch (maybe more than a recipe) to do this?

I can think of a million such things to make for a very complex Site.whatever
with a gazillion conditionals....  not saying a "good way" isn't possible,
because it's almost "theme like"...just saying...

I think it's possible this stretches the PmWiki Philosophy a bit...  I mean the
idea is to make it easy to do stuff like this with PmWiki, and such things could
very well be up to the PmWiki administrator, and IMHO, are very easy already.

With that said, I've built some pretty wiz-bang corporate portals based on
PmWiki... so there is a lot to share on how to do various things easily in
PmWiki.  Maybe we just need more documentation, recipes and examples...??  (work
for us, and not necessarily for Petko).