[pmwiki-users] strange update problem

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Dec 9 01:05:47 PST 2022

Nothing changed between recent PmWiki versions that would cause this. I
don't use softaculous or o2switch.

When you update your PmWiki version, PmWiki calls script/upgrades.php to
see if some automatic changes/fixes can be applied, then writes the new
version number in the page SiteAdmin.Status (in the metadata), then
redirects back to the page you requested. This is usually transparent /
unnoticeable.

If you have $EnableReadOnly set, or if the filesystem is read-only, it
is possible PmWiki tries to do the above and fails, and complains with
the warning. I haven't tried an upgrade with $EnableReadOnly set, this
is probably fixable, I'll review this.

You can disable the upgrade checks with this line in config.php:

   $EnableUpgradeCheck = 0;

Petko