[pmwiki-users] Guiedit buttons issue with 2.3.16

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Dec 12 01:39:03 PST 2022

There may be a bug - I will be very interested in identifying it and
fixing it.

The edit buttons functions were rewritten to move all inline JavaScript
adding individual buttons to the external script. This allows
administrators to enable more strict content-security policies.

Since the buttons work on a standard wiki (pmwiki.org, and others), it
is possible that some custom buttons need to be reviewed and updated. In
some cases you may need to remove extra backslashes that were in your
$GUIButtons definitions but would not be inserted in the textarea.

If you are using a custom edit form, it may need to be updated, or
guiedit.js may need to be fixed.

Can you restore the 2.3.16 files and provide me with a link, for example
to WikiSandbox?action=edit, so that I can test it myself? (You can send
it to me privately if you want. Preferably also set $EnableDiag=1; for
me.)

Or, you can enable a small set of buttons, try if they work. Then
progressively add new ones and try, and see if it will break at some
point.

Petko