[pmwiki-users] Happy New year and happy 25th

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Dec 31 13:55:39 PST 2023

Thank you so much kia ora Simon tēnā rawa atu koe.

And happy new year to all, thank you for your patience and support!

A few notes:

On 31/12/2023 22:53, Simon wrote:
> More importantly I'd like to wish Mr Petko Yotov [1] a sincere and
> fulsome congratulations on completing 25 years (since 2009) of being
> the PmWiki core developer, having started in 2006!

January will be 15 years since 2009, not 25, but I don't have other
plans for 2033 so I suspect you are right albeit early. ;-)

> The statistics [2] of his contributions are truly impressive.
>   https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PayForPmWiki
..
> PS I can't find out definitively when PmWiki was first released, but
> the Wayback Machine first sees the PmWiki.org URL in August 2003,
> PmWiki itself (at pmichaud.com [5]) on 2002-08-08 [6] (with a modified
> date of 2002-07-30),  and at PmWiki.org on 2004-06-17 [7] (modified
> date June 10, version 1.0.0).
> Logo on pmichaud was:

PmWiki version 0.1 can be downloaded here:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/older-releases/

The earliest file in this archive, the logo you linked, is from 18
August 2001, but the latest one, pmwiki.php, is dated 8 January 2002.

Pm and I used to joke that PmWiki was conceived in August 2001 but
gestated until it was born in January 2002. :-)

Thank you Pm for this amazing software and philosophy.

In a few days PmWiki will be 21, if it were a person we would be able to
have a drink with her, even in the USA.

The oldest message in the PmWiki-users mailing list archive is from 16
August 2002:

   https://www.pmwiki.org/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2002-August/thread.html

Petko