[pmwiki-users] Markdown options

Wolf Drechsel wd at trolink.de
Fri Jan 6 03:26:14 PST 2023

Am Freitag, dem 06.01.2023 um 12:16 +0100 schrieb Moni Kellermann:
> Am 06.01.2023 um 12:04 schrieb Wolf Drechsel:
> > There are some 100s of odt files to be used, each should make one
> > page.
> > My idea was to batch convert them to markdown with pandoc and then
> > push
> > them into some directory where they are batch converted to PMWiki's
> > internal format.
>
> Wouldn't https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImportText work for
> this
> without the extra markdown conversion step?

Ah, great, the import feature already is in place.

Little problem is that it seem to handle text files only, no odt, so
all formatting would be lost. My guess is that markdown is a good
intermediate step - but I'm open to other solutions which may fit
better.

In general - with markdown getting more and more popular, I'd be happy
to have a good support in PMWiki anyway.

Cheers,
Wolf