[pmwiki-users] Question regarding slow page loading with attr set

Hans Bracker design at softflow.uk
Sun Apr 14 11:22:29 PDT 2024

Hello Petko,

> If your function is called before MarkupToHTML(), don't use the 3rd argument, cache the results yourself in your function, carefully. If this is too early, before other recipes, authuser.php, group and page configurations, and other configurations are initialized, it may cache the wrong permissions.

okay, I go with that. Reduces calls to CondAuth from 4 to 2, a bit quicker.
I really appreciate the newest changes with cond. auth caching!
It makes  a huge difference for foxcsv if a custom template is provided which may have one  (:if auth ..:) markup per row.
A page with 30 data rows without caching the auth condition takes  12 secs, with caching just over 2 to load, both if a page attribute is set.
Thank you!

cheers,
Hans