[pmwiki-users] php8 Problems

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Feb 14 07:16:12 PST 2024

0. Please don't rename pmwiki.php, because it is probable that at some
point you will forget to update the renamed file and will run with files
from different releases.

Instead, make a wrapper script, either index.php or what you have i.php
that contains:

<?php include('pmwiki.php');

1. Please always make a full update of all PmWiki core distribution
files, not just some files from one release, others from other release.
This includes pmwiki.php, any files in scripts/, and any core files in
pub/. The different files contain functions and interfaces that may have
changes between versions, and may may not work with an earlier or a
later version.

If you get the pre-release, there is an archive with only the files
changed since the last release, then you can only replace these files.

There have been many changes in multiple files in the last 5 months
since 2.3.25, see:

   https://pmwiki.org/ChangeLog

2. The warnings appear to come from Markup expressions.  After you
update all core files, if you still see these warnings, they are most
often caused by a recipe or custom configuration that has registered
some functions to be processed by markupexpr.php at a later point, but
there is some incompatibility. The reason the warning appears to come
from markupexpr.php is because the error has become apparent at that
moment.

The page https://pmwiki.org/Troubleshooting has an entry "How to track
errors and know if they come from the PmWiki core or from a local
configuration or addon/recipe" - see if you can follow the steps to find
out which configuration or recipe causes this.

If you find the markup expression which causes this, let us know and
we'll try and provide a fix.

Petko