[pmwiki-devel] MapWiki

Ryan O'Toole rotoole at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 15:20:06 CST 2010

Hi PmWiki Community,

I just wanted to announce publicly that I've been working a cookbook recipe,
MapWiki <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MapWiki>, that will enable
Google Maps, and potentially any other digital map, to be embedded into a
PmWiki page. Additionally, a MySQL database enables these individual pages
to be aggregated into a single multi-marker map where each marker draws its
data from and links back to its corresponding wiki page.

I think this is really useful for anyone who needs to produce a map in a
decentralized fashion, i.e. anyone can add map points, or for projects that
just want to take advantage of the ease of wikis to add/update content and
extend that to map generation.

There are likely bugs and things I have not explained very clearly in the
recipe, but it does work, and I'd love to see it used in someone's wiki
project. Please check out the recipe, make comments, and email me with
questions.

Best,
ryan
--