[pmwiki-devel] asks password everytime i click edit

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 12 17:44:31 CDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 06:21:51PM -0400, Abhishek Gupta wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> The two version are 2.1.27 and 2.2.25.
> I do not have two different versions on php running.
> apache and php are run by same user.

Check the ownership of the files in the two wiki.d/ directories.
If the files have different ownerships, then PHP is running
under different userids and there's a conflict with sessions
between the two sites.

Also look to see if the files in /var/lib/php/session are all
owned by the same user ("nobody" or "apache") or if they're all
different.

You could also try setting each wiki to have it's own session ID --
at the very beginning of local/config.php, add

    session_name('TestDR');

This will cause the two wikis to use separate cookies for each wiki's
session.