[pmwiki-devel] Question about using PMWiki

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sun Jun 9 08:20:10 CDT 2013

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM, John Rigdon <jrigdon at researchonline.net>wrote:

> It seems to me that using the Wiki "Print" function to display the stories
> is the best way to present the end story while keeping the essential
> structure of the Wiki in the background and accessible to my editors and
> authors.

Personally I would tend to still use the ?action=browse but simply get rid
of any undesired elements by using conditionals depending on whether
someone is logged in or not.

When you have ?action=print it tends to display in a way that is
(surprise!) print-oriented rather than typical web page view.  For a simple
example, the coloring of links does not occur for ?action=print.  You have
less flexibility with having sidebars.  Etc.

All this can be edited via editing your skin, but editing the markup itself
or setting things up via config is much more "the pmwiki way", in my
experience.

-Peter