[pmwiki-devel] Internal server error message

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Oct 10 00:31:18 CDT 2014

After consideration, there shouldn't be a problem with the global
$Cursor variable, or {$$PageCount} etc., as the "parent" pagelist has
already output the full wiki markup before that wiki markup (and any
nested pagelists it contains) is processed.

Nevertheless, we should be careful when using nested pagelists as they
can potentially output a lot of data. A misused template can easily
create an infinite loop using all server resources leading to a fatal
PHP error or to a server error. I'm not sure how this could be prevented
- maybe the same way we limit the number of included pages and nested
PTVs - with a global or static counter.

Petko