[pmwiki-devel] MarkupRulesetDebugging recipe updated

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Oct 13 13:42:45 CDT 2015

On 2015-10-13 00:31, Chuck Goldstein wrote:
> I've updated Cookbook.MarkupRulesetDebugging (ruletable.php) on my
> web site. Don't know if it's ok to update someone else's Cookbook
> pages and uploads on pmwiki.org.

If the recipe is released with a software license which allows
modification, yes you can modify it. If the license also allows
distribution of a modified version, you can upload it. It is always a
good idea to contact the author first, but with such a license this is
not required.

Unfortunately, the author of MarkupRulesetDebugging has not selected any
license which means that standard Copyright applies and you cannot
modify or distribute the work without the permission of the author.
(Except when the code is a derivative version of a Copyleft licensed
code like GPLv2+ but in this case it isn't.)

The lack of license may be an omission, or the author may give you
permission, so ask him: you can find his e-mail and a website on his
profile page.

Petko

--
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog