[pmwiki-devel] Site / SiteAdmin

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Mar 12 01:55:14 CDT 2018

On 11/03/2018 00:57, Simon wrote:
> Why do we have both
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/SiteAdmin/SiteAdmin
> and
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/Site
>
> they look the same to me!

The first one includes the second one, so yes, they should look the
same.

Except when a user is not an administrator: in that case the first page
is locked, the second only has links in the left column. (Normally the
SiteAdmin group locked except on pmwiki.org where is open for reading.)

> In the spirit of wikiness should we refactor them?

No, I use these pages a lot, and I find it practical to have all links
to both groups at the same place. I maintain 10+ separate/independent
wiki installations, each with its own peculiarities, having a place
where I know I can find every interface, configuration and admin page is
very convenient.

If you refactor the pages on your own wikis, they will be preserved when
you upgrade.

Petko