[pmwiki-devel] Pages names such as Tūroa

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon Jul 22 16:33:38 PDT 2019

Interesting; I did not know that.

A markup rule that translates [[!Turoa|+]] into [[Category.Turoa|+]]
might work, although category markup uses a special categorylink class
in the <a> link generated. Or you could introduce a local category
markup rule just for this purpose, for example so that [[!T`uroa]] is
turned into [[Category.Turoa|T#363;roa]] (ie look for "`[aeiouAEIOU]"
inside category link markup, then process as a category link). The rule
would have to fully process the link markup, as it needs to use the
category link format, with the correct class attribute.

A bit more investigation is needed, I think.

JR