[Pmwiki-users] File upload feature discussion

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Mon Nov 18 16:00:39 CST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 03:39:38PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Agreed, which seems to argue towards the attach-to-page model for file
> uploads.  I guess I haven't heard anyone arguing for the "throw everything
> in a common pool" model yet, so we might as well assume the page
> attachments model is the way we'll head.  If anyone feels differently,
> now's a good time to speak up before we get too committed to the other
> path.

I'm still dreaming of a user-selected association with a link syntax
that works for any of them. I.e., the user gets to decide if the upload
is associated with a page, group, or is site-wide and they use the same
syntax to access any of them. Something like [[$Upload:file]] would
cause PmWiki to search for file first as associated to a page, then
group, then "global".

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff