[Pmwiki-users] File upload feature discussion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Mon Nov 18 19:28:16 CST 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Davis, James C. wrote:

> I am just pushing this because I think everyone should be able to upload
> images. They are just as much a part of a page (and just as important) as
> text. As a wiki administrator, I don't want to have to give people special
> access just to use images (that are stored internally).

I'm thinking this is properly a site administrator decision, not a PmWiki
one.  PmWiki can provide the capability to allow generic file uploads.
The site administrator can then determine where and how to limit (or
not to limit) the file upload capabilities.

Put another way: why should PmWiki force file upload restrictions or a
particular work model on administrators that don't want them?  (This
question might not be as rhetorical as it sounds...)