[Pmwiki-users] Re: Need help with markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at sci.tamucc.edu
Tue Oct 15 16:20:58 CDT 2002

http://falcon.tamucc.edu/wiki/IO2/StudentHome

> I'll just reiterate my suggestion of using =  (It's just like the
> other table markup only rotated 90 degrees :-)

So, "=word" will always be some sort of directive that appears at the
beginning of a line and does something special?

I'll consider it.  However, this overloads pretty quickly:

=biblio	      	book entry in bibliographic format
=pullquote    	pullquote
=q		question (e.g., in a FAQ, similar to what I'm currently
		  doing with "Q:" )
=a		answer (e.g., in a FAQ, similar to what I'm currently
		  doing with "A:" )

=#i		ordered list, lower case roman (more #'s == deeper list)
=#I		ordered list, upper case roman
=#a		ordered list, a, b, c, d, e...
=#A		ordered list, A, B, C, D, E...

=table		table attributes for upcoming table
=cell		new table cell
=cell nextrow	new table cell on next row
=tableend	end of table

One thing I dislike about the =cell syntax is that it's harder to do
attribute processing.  In other words, with [[cell]] I can do:

	[[cell align=center]] First cell
	[[cell align=left]] Second cell
	[[cell width=200]] Third cell
	[[endtable]]

but with =cell I must do:

	=cell align=center
	First cell
	=cell align=left
	Second cell
	=cell width=200
	Third cell
	=endtable

Somehow I think the first one looks a bit better to me.

Is this all a slippery slope sort of proposition...?