[Pmwiki-users] Some thoughts on delete and tables

Janice Heinold heinold at falcon.tamucc.edu
Tue Apr 29 12:17:27 CDT 2003

>>I also was making some tables and noticed that by default pmwiki does =
a=20
>>valign=3D"top" for the table contents.
>>I thought that tables generally defaulted to valign=3Dcenter if =
nothing=20
>>was specified. I tried adding
>>to the table, but it didn't word.
>>I temporarily changed the pmwiki script to do center by default.
>>Is there any way to control valign with the wiki markup?

There is an alternative table syntax using double brackets. I'm not sure =
if
it's documented (yet), but it gives you more control.

Sample: http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Main/WikiSandbox
----
[[table align=3D'left' border=3D'1' cellspacing=3D'0' =
style=3D'margin-right:15px;'
width=3D'300' cellpadding=3D'5']]
[[cellnr]]
default alignment
[[cell]]
Long long long long long long long long long long long long cell that =
will
wrap. Long long long long long long long long long long long long cell =
that
will wrap. Long long long long long long long long long long long long =
cell
that will wrap.=20
[[cellnr valign=3Dcenter]]
centered alignment
[[cell valign=3Dcenter]]
Long long long long long long long long long long long long cell that =
will
wrap. Long long long long long long long long long long long long cell =
that
will wrap. Long long long long long long long long long long long long =
cell
that will wrap.=20
[[cellnr valign=3Dtop]]
top alignment
[[cell valign=3Dtop]]
Long long long long long long long long long long long long cell that =
will
wrap. Long long long long long long long long long long long long cell =
that
will wrap. Long long long long long long long long long long long long =
cell
that will wrap.=20
[[tableend]]
----

Although, now that I try this, the top two appear to both be valigned
center....=20

Suggestion for Pm: could there be a variable the wiki administrator can =
set
in local.php as to whether they want table cells to valign top, center, =
etc.
by default? For my applications, I find I almost always prefer my cells
valign=3Dtop.=20

Janice Heinold

PS. In
|| width=3D100% valign=3Dcenter
valign would be an attribute of the <table> tag. As it's a cell =
property, it
has to be in the <td> tag to be valid. The double brackets markup lets =
you
assign attributes to the cell tags.