[Pmwiki-users] enhanced search?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Apr 30 22:05:22 CDT 2003

>=20
> > 3. I am lazy -- I consciously proposed 'group:search term' and not=20
> > 'group:name search term'.=20
>=20
> I'm willing to implement both versions--but for 'group: search term' I'd=20
> really prefer to use something other than a colon to avoid cognitive =
conflicts
> with InterMap links.  To me "Main: search term" makes "Main" look like =
an
> InterMap link and not a group. =20
>=20
> ---
> Fair enough. How about a ';' ?

How about a '/'?  Thus searching for "Main/ apple" would find
all occurrences of "apple" in the Main group.  Searching for=20
"Main/apple" would look for "Main/apple".

Pm

---
mmm maybe. So main/ returns pages in Main that contain a space and main. =
returns all pages in Main plus any pages in other groups that refer to =
main. (I sorta like being able to omit the space and write main;apple to =
look for apple in Main group...)

For me, main;apple and main/apple involve less cognitive conflict than =
main/ apple and main/apple.

JR