[Pmwiki-users] Going backwards...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Aug 7 17:29:54 CDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 07:09:26PM -0400, J. Perkins wrote:
> The HTML generated by the [[Search]] tag used to contain id attributes
> for the input box and button. They appear to have been removed somewhere
> in the last few releases.

It did?  Hmm, I don't recall ever having id attributes in the code
in any previous versions?

> It would be very nice indeed if PmWiki would
> put unique id attributes on *all* of the HTML objects it creates. This
> would allow the appearance of the site to be modified with stylesheets
> instead of having to hack code.

Well, depends on what you mean by "hack code".  :-)  But I'll be happy
to look at adding id attributes if someone will propose a set.  No need
to modify the code for me--just propose what id attributes should be
added to which tags and I'll look into it.  It also might be worthwhile
to create a page at http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/IdTags for
this.